seven simple guidelines
- better to buy children's shoes in special stores, and not to order via the Internet.Child need to bring to shoes could try.It would be great if you let your child walk around the room a little shop in the new shoes to make her comfort.
- Prefer shoes from natural materials.Children's leg have to "breathe."It's best to buy leather shoes - it is more practical and flexible.
- age- especially your child.Babies under one year, are still not able to walk, suitable soft fabric shoes with flexible soles thin, and older children need a more mature model of shoes with high rounded backdrop, retaining the foot and protects the foot from injury.
- Comfort shoes put in priority.Shoes with laces, studs and other complex types of fasteners - not the best option for only a toddler.The easiest and most convenient type fasteners - velcro.
- no heels!Little fashionistas is better not to buy shoes, where the heel above the 1-1.5 cm.
- Sole children's shoes must be very flexible, slightly ribbed - to resist sliding.Before you buy, try to bend the shoe so that the toe touched the backdrop.If it turns out, it means that the sole is very flexible and has good damping.
- shoes welcome presence in the instep.The anatomical footbed promotes proper formation of the arch.
Not to be mistaken with the size
most important in the selection of shoes for a child - not to be mistaken with the size.There is a simple method of determining the amount of baby feet: put the baby on a clean stack of paper and a pencil mark two of the most prominent point of the foot - at the top of the thumb, and where the heel ends in the middle.Combining these two points, you get a line, the length of which corresponds to the length of the foot of your child, otherwise it is called the length of the insole.
- best to buy shoes with a small margin of not more than 1.5 cm longer than the length of the foot.Do not buy shoes for children back to back: the child does not feel right, the shoes he crushed, and it can lead to orthopedic problems.
- too loose or too tight shoes are also harmful.In order to determine how your child fits a particular shoe model, you must first cut the "footprint" of the foot of the child paper and applying it to the insole of the shoe.
- Podiatrists do not recommend to buy shoes b / y, as it already raznoshena under the foot of another child and could adversely affect the development of the gait and your baby.
- length of the foot corresponds to a shoe size, but it is necessary to take into account that different manufacturers, these figures differ.
consequences of wearing the wrong shoes
buying low-quality shoes is fraught with a number of orthopedic problems, which you need to know.Lack of arch support, for example, lead to flat feet, which is not only a cosmetic defect, and can lead to scoliosis and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system.Soft and fixing bad foot heel is often the cause of sprains and dislocations of the foot in children, and shoes made of synthetic materials provokes the development of fungus and, as a consequence of bad foot odor.Too high and tight shoes have not yet walking in children can result in improper formation of the skill of walking.98% of children are born with healthy feet, but by adolescence complain of pain in the legs due to the fact that wearing the wrong shoes.
Before you buy baby shoes, it should be examined at the orthopedist for the presence of features of development (for example, too high a rise or clubfoot) to understand what is needed shoes to your kid and maybe to buy custom tailored model.Finally, remember that in the children's shoes you can not save.Cheap low-quality shoes today can be too costly for you tomorrow!
|Age||Foot length cm||US Size European size|
|0-3 months.|| |
|18-24 months.|| |
2.5 -3 g
|7 years|| |