To make this traditional dish Caucasian centenarians, you will need:
- 1,5 kg of cabbage;
- 300 g celery (for sauerkraut Georgian suit both root and stem);
- 300 g of beet;
- 1,5 heads of garlic;
- 2 bunch of parsley;
- 1 ch. L.red pepper (pepper can be replaced with 1-2 pieces chilli);
- 6 tablespoons.l.salt.
cooking sauerkraut Georgian
sauerkraut Georgian can be prepared in a 3-liter cans and a large enameled container.For fermentation is better to choose small, dense heads of cabbage.
1. Cut the cabbage.Each head is first cut in half, then each half into 4 pieces.Small head can be sliced into 4-6 pieces.
2. Cooked cabbage tightly packed in a container for fermentation, paving peeled and cut in half garlic cloves, beet slices , celery and parsley sprigs.
3. Season with salt, add the cabbage and hot peppers.
4. Pour boiling water over cabbage tightly packed so that water completely covers it.
5. Leave sauerkraut Georgian in a cool place for 3 days.
Sauerkraut Georgian get even more fragrant and crispy when it poured cold brine.However, in this case to prepare snack much longer - cabbage kept 48 hours under a load at ambient temperature, and then carried to the cold for another 2 weeks.