Moussaka with eggplant
Classical moussaka with eggplant - this baked dish consisting of several layers: a layer of eggplant, a layer of meat with vegetables, and a top layer - sauce.Even those who are not very fan of eggplant, eat moussaka with eggplant happy, which is not surprising - this dish is really tasty.
Ingredients for moussaka with eggplant:
- 3-4 medium eggplants RAMER;
- 1 tbsp.l.flour for breading and 2 for the sauce;
- 600 grams of minced meat;
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes;
- 2 medium onions;
- salt, ground black pepper, nutmeg, fresh garlic to taste;
- oil for frying and sauce;
- 1 tbsp.dry white wine;
- fresh greens;
- 2 eggs;
- 1,5 Art.milk;
- 200g grated hard cheese.
recipe moussaka with eggplant
1. My eggplant, clean and cut into thin slices.Put them on a dish and lightly salt, leave for 10 minutes.After this time, rinsed with cold water, eggplant, blotted with a towel or tissu
2. peel onions, cut finely and fry in a pan in butter until transparent.Then add in minced onion and fry for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Tomatoes mine, makes an incision in the shape of the cross on the skin with a knife and pour over boiling water.Remove the peel and cut into cubes.Finely cut or we press the garlic and finely chopped fresh herbs.All these add to the pan with the meat and stir.Add the spices, salt, simmer for 5-7 minutes and add the white wine.Then mince stew with vegetables for about 15 minutes.
4. Now proceed to the preparation of a cheese sauce for pouring. In a small saucepan, fry the flour in olive oil.Whisk together the eggs with the milk and add to the saucepan, cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.Then, remove the sauce from heat, add the cheese (leave 1 handful to sprinkle on top of the moussaka) and mix - the cheese should melt completely in hot milk.Add a little salt, nutmeg nuts and a little fresh greens.
5. Turn the oven - even if heated to 180 ° With - while they themselves are beginning to stack layers moussaka with eggplant in baking dish.
6. The spread form two-thirds of a dense layer of eggplant, a little overlap.Then half of the minced meat with vegetables.Now we decompose the remaining eggplant, put them on top of the 2 nd half of the meat filling.Now pour the cheese sauce evenly moussaka, sprinkle on top of the remains of shredded cheese and chopped fresh herbs.And send in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Moussaka should bake until golden brown.When you pull it out, wait for 5 minutes to harden a little sauce, and sliced;then let it cool for about 10-15 minutes, so your guests will not burned.
Now moussaka with eggplant to be served!
- mushroom minced or finely sliced mushrooms, roasted as well as meat;
- shredded potatoes or mashed potatoes (then the onions separately roasted with tomatoes and is an independent layer of white wine is added in the course of frying onions, but not glass, but only half;
- vegetables - tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini.