Like any other well-known national dish, moussaka has many variations of recipes.Let's start with the classic recipe moussaka.
main ingredients of classic moussaka - aubergine and minced meat.They are laid out on each other layers and bake bechamel sauce.
1. Let's start with the preparation of the meat filling.To do this, clean and finely cut onions and garlic (2 medium onions and 2 cloves of garlic).3 large ripe tomatoes under running water and cut into cubes.A sprig of fresh mint and give my dry.Then pour in the pan 50 ml of olive oil, a good heat, fry the onion about 5-8 minutes.Then take scrolled to the pulp grinder lamb (1 kg) and add to the pan with the onions.Fry beef, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.Add the tomatoes and garlic, and spicy spices that immediately give stuffing a unique flavor: mint, bay leaf, 1/2 ch. L.ground cloves, 1 ch. l.ground coriander and a pinch of nutmeg.Salt, pepper and cook another 15 minutes.
2. After this time, add to the meat 1/2 cup dry white wine, g
3. Now prepare the main ingredient - eggplant.Eggplant (3 large enough to be) my, peeled and cut into slices.Then season with salt and leave for 15 minutes to give the eggplant juice and with him one went the extra bitterness.Sliced eggplant was washed with cold water and thoroughly dried.Then collapses in agony, give stand for a few minutes and fry in olive oil on both sides.Roasted eggplant spread on paper towels to get rid of excess fat.
4. Take the baking dish and spread it lapped half roasted eggplant circles.Behind lay out a layer of half the meat filling and leveling.The next layer - eggplant, and then the remaining stuffing.
6. The prepared sauce spread on moussaka and leveling.The oven heats up to 200 ° C and put it our moussaka . Bake for half an hour.
recipe moussaka with zucchini
With this recipe moussaka with photos you can prepare an alternative version of the dish - with zucchini instead of eggplant.Also, in this recipe potatoes moussaka is present, making the dish becomes more interesting and satisfying.
1. To begin, prepare all the ingredients.Courgettes or zucchini (1 kg) my and cut into thin plates.Frying pan with non-stick coating put on plate, pour a little olive oil and fry the zucchini with 2 sides until golden brown.After frying zucchini spread on a paper towel.Meanwhile, 2 large or 3 medium potatoes boiled in their jackets.Next, cleanse them from the skin and cut into thin slices (1-2 cm thick).2 medium onions finely chop and purify.
2. The next step - preparing the filling of meat.2 ripe fleshy tomatoes scalded with boiling water, remove them from the peel and shred.In a large skillet, warm up with 50 ml of olive oil and put it previously chopped onions.Slightly fry and add the ground beef (1/2 kg).Fry all together for about 10 minutes, until the meat is crumbly.Add the tomatoes and a pinch of dried oregano and cinnamon.Then pour half a glass of dry red wine, salt, pepper and simmer over medium heat for another half hour until complete evaporation of the liquid.
3. Prepare sauce "bechamel": fry the butter (75 g) of flour (80 g) for 1 minute, slowly pour half a liter of warm milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps formed.Remove from the heat.In the finished sauce add 1 tbsp.l.ground walnuts and 150 grams of grated cheese.There also add 2 eggs and knead everything thoroughly.
4. «collect» our casserole. bottom rectangular grease with olive oil and spread on his half of the onions, then potatoes, after the meat filling and over zucchini.Above all we pour sauce and bake 50 minutes until golden brown in a preheated 180 C ° oven.