Nothing better brings the room to life than living plants.Take any room.To add to her health and freshness, place it in the pots.You will see how your room will come alive!Live plants and flowers bring us a piece of nature and purify the air in the room.
Buying ornamental plants can be compared like with the advent of the child in the home.It is also a living being, and ultimately may live in the building for a long time.Choose a plant to your home with love, then to take care of it and cherish it for a long time.
Where to start?
How to choose plants?Why do some plants bought at the store quickly get sick and die?Buying new houseplants can be a pleasure if to treat it carefully.
Now on sale a lot of plants.Potted plants offer many flower shops, large supermarkets, boutiques and markets.But the range of products, quality and service are different everywhere.Do not buy winter plants that are sold in the streets and markets.In the markets you can buy plants in the summer, as in other seasons plants c
Here are some guidelines to help you choose the right plants.
- When buying houseplants need to ensure that the name corresponds to the main features of the plant.If you purchased the plant under one name does not fit the description, then the result would be improper care and the plant may die.It should refer to the name of the plant and carefully as possible to specify them.When buying guide not only in appearance and appeal.First note the status of foliage.The tips of the leaves should not be dry or curled.It is allowed only in some trees for which this state is considered normal.
- Do not buy plants if the lateral growth of the plant or cut down naked at the base.Do not buy plants with damaged leaves.Dull and drooping leaves, bare stems - signs of trouble, the plant is clearly affected.On the plant should not be a pest.Check the bottom surface of the leaves.Lift the leaves to make sure that there are no signs of disease.
It is very important to take some precautions when transporting plants home from the store, especially in winter.From a sharp drop in temperature can reset plant flower buds flowering flowers have bloomed reduced.Ask packed plant.Around the flowers protection should be enhanced at least two layers of silky paper.
House put the plant in the place intended for it and do not move, if he liked it.The fertilizer can be applied in two weeks.A month after the purchase of the plant can be transplanted if it closely in a pot or in the substrate it grows out of the peat.
basic rules of care for plants
- All major processes that provide the vital activity of the plant, are only in the light, so plants should stand near the windows.If the window facing south, in the summer on a hot sunny day it should pritemnyat thin curtain.At any other time window should be opened, so that the plant could receive natural light.Light is necessary for all green plants, but the need for it at all different.There are light-loving species, which need the sun is quite high.It rose, jasmine, cacti, succulents, almost all of variegated plants are lost when the lack of light brightness of color of its leaves.These flowers were placed on the windows on the south side, at the sunniest places in the room where they will be covered almost the whole day.But in the spring and summer, the window become very hot, so in the afternoon and light-loving plants should be pritemnyat.Ferns and some other species, in contrast, do not grow in direct sunlight to give burns.The best place for them to be windows facing north.But this does not mean that in a room with windows to the south, such plants can not grow.They are superb here, but not the light, but somewhere in the back of the room, on the flower table.
- Most indoor plants can not tolerate excessive moisture.It should be remembered that the plant is watered when the top layer of soil becomes light and crumbles, and deeper still wet.Water that has accumulated in the sump is drained after watering, or the roots will rot.This applies to virtually all plants, except for the coastal, the roots of which must be in the water.There is a group of plants of drylands, which requires less water than most, such as cacti and succulents.During the summer, they need to be watered as the rest of the plant, and in the winter watering should be rare.When watering the plants all the recommended water temperature - 23-25 degrees, because the roots of the plants can not tolerate cold water.
- sure to feed the plants with complex mineral fertilizers from March to September.And in the winter, plant growth slows to a crawl, so the dressing useless and sometimes even harmful.Fertilizers should be used every 3 weeks, when watering.You can also dissolved in water to sprinkle fertilizer plant on the leaves (foliar application).
- Transplanted plants as needed, but the best time to transplant - spring.The roots must have time to develop well before the onset of a period of rest.It is necessary to choose a pot that is only slightly wider than the former.Transplanting too large pot leads to stunting.Should be prepared in advance everything you need for a transplant.
What is needed for replanting?It is a quality soil, as well as pots of 2-4 cm more than the previous, pallets or suitable saucer, shovel, watering can, scissors, and tape backups for tying, charcoal powder to disinfect places cut material for drainage (expanded clay granulesclay, gravel ...), relatively large pottery shards to close the drain hole.
- earth for flowers.For healthy growth of plants and flowers need a quality soil.The soil should have a defined structure.This means that it should not be overly compacted and compressed, and must keep enough moisture in the air.By the clay ground for better air should be added to porous materials such as expanded clay, perlite, vermiculite.The fertile land should be fine lumpy.Do not buy the land for balcony plants with a high content of peat.For some plants, you can use the universal soil mixture.The only exceptions are epiphytes, plants, the root system which is designed so that absorbs nutrients from the moisture in the air, such as bromeliads, orchids, ferns.Substrates for them to be porous and pass well water.
- purchase of new containers.Choosing pots and containers, you should pay attention not only to their beauty, they should be as practical.The pots and containers for flowers must have drain holes.This is to ensure that the substrate does not stagnate moisture.In the absence of the hole it must be carefully drilled at first thin, then thicker drill.For frequent landings and choose direct terracotta pots, increasing in diameter from the bottom up.The pot-bellied pots often inconvenient to change the plant.Containers made of quality plastic sometimes impossible to distinguish from the real terracotta.However, they are lighter, unbreakable and do not change color.
the plants are actively growing and blooming in the garden of potted, it is not enough just to plant them in the ground.
potsherds (convex side up), cover the holes to drain the water to the land does not spill out of the container.From stagnant water plant roots will prevent drainage layer at the bottom of the container.Its optimum height 3 - 5 cm. On a layer of pebbles or expanded clay lay a fleece.Pour over it fresh floral ground.Take only quality fertile land, which will provide optimal plant nutrients.Do not plant them too deep.The surface of the earth coma should be flush with the ground.After planting primnogo hands earth's surface.Leave the free edge of a height of about 3 cm.
From what killed the plants?
plant may die because of many reasons.Nothing alive does not live without water.Many houseplants can put up with a rare watering in winter, but the lack of water during the growing season will soon lead to the withering of leaves and plant death.Soil moisture in the winter is the most common cause of death of the plants.Pots of wetlands can be covered with green patina.
Some flowers can not tolerate chemical fertilizers.These include pahira, Begonia, Impatiens, cycads and Lithops.Feeding the plants, reduce the dose, or they may die.Transplanted house plants fed only by 1 - 2 weeks.
Some plants can not tolerate direct sunlight, even at not very high temperatures.Central heating dries the air, which is unfavorable for houseplants.Delicate plants in a dry atmosphere can be lost, so it is important to increase the humidity.Dangerous and drafts and cold.If on the window sill grow delicate flowers, it is important to close all the cracks in the frames.
When poor light in a regular room the plant fades, grows poorly and does not bloom, but not killed.However, if light exposure is below normal, the plant may die, what happens in the dark corridors, in the corners of large rooms, in the lobby.If you keep the plant in places sometimes carry it in a bright place.