cesarean section baby is removed through an incision in the wall of the uterus.But it is worth to mention that a caesarean section is not always rodorazreshayuschaya operation.There are several parameters that distinguish the types cesarean :
1) Depending on the uterine wall cesarean section is divided into:
- Abdominal .In this type of cesarean incision of the anterior abdominal wall.Most of these operations are performed during childbirth, abortion for medical reasons in a way rarely carried out.
- Vaginal . In this case, the operation is performed through the front of the vaginal vault.This method is applied for the termination of pregnancy for a period of 16 to 28 weeks, but do not use it often, because it threatens complications.
2) Depending on premeditated:
- Planned . Caesarean section is planned if the readings for the operation defined in advance - until the resolution of pregnancy.Also planned cesarean section is considered optional.As for the right of choice, which way will take generations (naturally or through surgery), there is no consensus: some experts believe that elective caesarean section reduces the risk of possible complications, while others are of the opinion that it is better to prefer natural childbirth becausethey are provided and the nature of the recovery process is the woman in this case faster.
- Emergency . Urgent operations are those that are directly caused by complications during childbirth.If something went wrong, and maternal and child health threatened by any complications, the doctors make the decision to hold an emergency cesarean section .
indications for cesarean section
For the purpose of caesarean section (elective surgery) indications are:
- narrow pelvis.In this case, the female pelvis dimensions do not correspond to the size of the child.
- In diseases that are a natural birth can give complications: heart disease, kidney disease, vision problems.
- Malposition (transverse or oblique).
- breech.In this case, the child's pelvic end is the entrance to the pelvis of the mother.
- possible uterine rupture (especially if you have a scar on the uterus from the previous delivery).
- multiple pregnancy.
- pregnancy complications.
- obstacles that may prevent the birth of a child (eg, uterine cervix).
Emergency surgery is performed if:
- Childbirth stale or completely terminated.
- child lacks oxygen (acute hypoxia).
- woman threatening uterine rupture.
- occurred premature detachment of the placenta (the baby may suffer from lack of oxygen).
In most cases (for elective surgery) cesarean section is performed under spinal anesthesia, ie,anesthetized only the lower part of the body and during the operation the woman understands what is happening.Emergency caesarean section often use general anesthesia.After the operation, the woman should be followed as a general special regime and diet.