What is ovulation?
Not everyone will be able to correctly answer the question of whether, what ovulation. For some, there is only associative connection ovulation - menstruation, but there is no certain knowledge about this phenomenon.Of course, do not deny that many women are interested in the processes occurring in their body, and they know, what ovulation , but again, literacy in the field of anatomy and physiology is not unique to each.
Ovulation - this is the stage of the menstrual cycle, a kind of boundary that divides the cycle into 2 phases: follicular (it starts from the end of menstruation and ends with ovulation ) and luteal (begins after ovulation and ends at the onset of the next menstrual period).More specifically, the ovulation - yield a mature egg from the ovary into the abdominal cavity.
release of the egg is due to rupture of the follicle.Follicle matures during the first 12-14 days of menstruation, as it oocyte maturation, which is incorporated in it increases in siz
egg, which was released as a result of rupture of the follicle enters the abdominal cavity, and then into the fallopian tubes, where fertilization can occur . With regard to the period in which ovulation occurs , then, for example, when a 28-day cycle it takes 12-14 days.
In place of the ruptured follicle there is a formation of the corpus luteum, which produces progesterone.In the event that fertilization has occurred, the corpus luteum begins to function as the corpus luteum of pregnancy.If fertilization does not take place, the corpus luteum becomes the corpus luteum of menstruation: it killed the cells, blood vessels zapustevayut, progesterone production stops.
Signs of Ovulation
Signs ovulation are both subjective and objective:
- abdominal pain (usually pulling);
- when ovulation discharge becomes heavy and viscous, the color (for the normal development of the reproductive system), transparent;
- decrease in basal body temperature daily ovulation and increase it on the next day;
- increase the level of progesterone in blood plasma;
- enhancement of sexual desire.
1. mathematical calculations.From cycle subtract 16 days (the duration of the second phase), to this day we can expect the onset of ovulation .Example: cycle of 30 days, thus 30 - 16 = 14.
2. Measurement of basal temperature.This procedure is better to make in the morning, and every day at the same time.Before measuring the temperature of the bed is not recommended to wake up and sleep should be at least 6 hours.The measurement results are entered in the schedule.Typically, prior to ovulation temperature below 37 ° C.On the day of ovulation temperature rises.It is believed that if the temperature has increased by 0,5 ° C, the probability of pregnancy is high.
3. Test ovulation . Ovulation is determined by the presence of luteinizing hormone in urine.