To begin with we suggest to familiarize with the classic recipe salty watermelon.Everything is done very simply and quickly.Take a watermelon, wash and cut into several pieces.The amount depends on the size of watermelon vessel where watermelon is to marinate.
recipe for pickled watermelon №1
1. So lay quartered watermelon in a high bowl, there is a 9-tiprotsentny pour vinegar (from the calculation: a glass (250 ml) at 5 kg watermelon), and then fill in all the hot marinade.
2. marinade prepared as follows: in a separate saucepan, combine the sugar ( 250 g ), salt ( 125g ) and water ( 4L ) and boil.
3. watermelon Let stand at room temperature until cool and then store it in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Winter recipe salty watermelon №2
How to pickle watermelon, if you want it to be stored throughout the winter?Of course, in the canning jars.Choose the best medium-sized watermelons with pinkish flesh ( sugar overripe watermelons not suitable ).
- Watermelon wash and cut into triangles.
- Carefully lay the slices in sterilized jars and pour boiling water.
- watermelons Soak in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain the water into a saucepan.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil, then pour over the banks at watermelons in 5 minutes.
- Now it's time to prepare the brine: in a pot with water from the jars, add salt and sugar (to 1 liter water 50 g salt and 30 g sugar) and, if desired, spices (coriander, gingernutmeg), all boil.
- Pour the hot brine watermelons banks, each quart jar, add 1 ch. L.acetic acid (70%) and rolled up.
- Banks remove a coat for a couple of days and then in a cool dark place.
recipe sharp watermelons banks №3
Acute watermelons in the banks - it's pretty original dish for lovers of unusual.
- At the bottom of sterile jars put pepper, garlic cloves and bay leaf.
- then lay the slices of watermelon and pour all the boiling brine (brine in the second recipe).
- Banks roll up.
|With Motril more: pickled apples on Russia|
recipe savory watermelon whole №4
late autumn, when there are small watermelon with thin skin, can be safely salted watermelon whole.Conventional jars for this purpose, of course, will not do, will have to find a wooden barrel.
- Select round smooth watermelon with smooth skin without damage.
- Before salting watermelon, wash them well and pierce in several places the skin.
- now tightly packed in a sterile watermelon barrel.
- then plug the barrel and fill the hole in the tongue and groove solution of salt fortress 6% ( 60 g of salt per 1 liter water).Barrel leave at room temperature for two days.If necessary, top up the brine in a barrel, and then plug the it and place it in a cool place.
- Watermelons at tab can also pave the spices: garlic, onion, horseradish, dill, leaves currants and cherries, and sweet pickle making, for example, in a ratio: 2 cups salt 1/3 cup sugar.