week ago I puzzled with the question what to do with plums, which narosli at their summer cottage.They taste sour, astringent and skin firm, so a variant with jam was discarded.Use these for making tkemali plum - an ideal option. BUT: you can use any kind of plums - Hungarian, greengage, correct, or yellow egg plum and even plum - tkemali always work in its own delicious!
most important rule: take perespevshie plums, better even unripe, since the maturation of their taste is too sweet, and the structure of much soft.
Tkemali plums - a recipe
You will need:
- 1 kg plums;
- 1 pod of hot peppers or powder;
- 4 heads of garlic;
- mint (optional);
- salt and sugar.
1. Well Wash plums, cut them in half and remove pits.This can not do if you are lucky enough to wipe the screen.
2. Put the plums in a saucepan and
3. Boil 10 minutes, plums, they at this point have already seethe and turn into almost homogeneous mass (excluding skins).
4. Now a little cool plums, not to burn yourself, and the whole mass pour into a sieve for cleaning.Thus you separate the sauce from a homogeneous mass of skins (bones and if not removed them in the first step).
If you have no sieve , you'll have to spend a little more time, either initially plum clear from the skins and remove the seeds, or first get only the bones, and the remaining mass cooked with skins to drive through a blender.
5. Put the pan with the future plum tkemali over medium heat.Add salt and sugar to taste.If plum sweet - the sugar is not needed.
6. finely chopped dill, coriander, pepper, garlic on chesnokodavke Burst, coriander mash in a mortar.If you prefer, you can do it in a blender.By slightly add to the sauce, not forgetting actively stirred.
7. boil for 7-10 minutes, so that softened the greens.Especially this must be done, if you cook tkemali plum in winter.Otherwise, due to the raw green sauce can sour.
8. Spread the sauce over the clean, dry banks close the lid.Store in a cool, dark place, and open a bank - in the refrigerator.
Tip: If at the end of cooking, you understand that your tkemali turned out too sweet, you can add a little vinegar, it will give a little sour.