What does "lack of ovulation?"
Ovulation occurs when a mature egg leaves the follicle.In order to be fertilized, the egg after the abdominal cavity starts its way through the oviduct towards the uterus.In the fallopian tube, it meets the sperm, one of which fertilizes the egg.Then the fertilized egg enters the uterus and attaches to the uterine endometrium.
If fertilization has occurred, the egg dies and with unnecessary endometrium leaves the body during menstruation.Each month, a healthy woman matures one, at least - two or more eggs;for couples who want to conceive a child, in every cycle there is a probability of about 25%, which will be held conception and pregnancy occur.
lack of ovulation - is the lack of maturation and release of the egg.If there is no ovulation, pregnancy can not occur.Lack of ovulation - a common cause of female infertility, so it is important to diagnose it, identify the reasons for the lack of ovulatio
reasons for the lack of ovulation
reason for the lack of ovulation may be both physiological factors and dangerous diseases.
physiological causes lack of ovulation may include the following:
- pregnancy and breast-feeding in the first months after birth;
- excessive physical activity causing the suppression of certain hormones, or, conversely, a dramatic disappearance of normal for a woman of high physical activity;
- taking certain medications;
- hormonal contraceptives.
Physiological causes are eliminated easiest (all except menopause): you just need to eliminate this cause, that is,stop taking medications to stop breast-feed, get rid of stress, reduce physical activity, etc.It is more difficult to pathological reasons for the lack of ovulation.
Pathological reasons for the lack of ovulation:
- excess weight or, conversely, the lack of it;
- ovarian disease (such as polycystic ovarian syndrome);
- endocrine diseases.
If the problem with weight, in principle, be solved on their own (except for the running of the time), then all the rest - a serious reason to seek medical attention as soon as he can help.
How to identify lack of ovulation
lack of ovulation is determined in some respects, including the following:
- no change in the color and character of vaginal discharge for 3-6 cycles;
- lack increase sexual desire mid-cycle for 3-6 cycles;
- no change in basal body temperature for 3-6 cycles;
- irregular cycles;
- inability to get pregnant within 1-2 years of regular sexual intercourse without contraception;
lack of ovulation as determined using tests ovulation within 3-6 cycles or ultrasound for 3-6 cycles.
If you notice at the first symptom 3, that is no reason to sound the alarm, but you need to pay attention to them.The last 2 ways to check ovulation provide 100% information.Based on the results of research doctor prescribes treatment (eg hormones to stimulate ovulation).