Ceramic knives went on sale a few years ago and confidently occupy the space of modern kitchens.We decided to find out: how good this novelty.To do this, we conducted a survey among those who use ceramic knives.
We found that housewives divided opinion: some say it is the perfect knife, others were disappointed in its application after a few uses.
In order to sort things out, consider the pros and cons of ceramic knives .
Advantages of ceramic knives
- That knife can easily cut soft foods, such as bread with a crispy crust and tomatoes.Many other products will also be cut perfectly.
- greens and vegetables, cut in such a knife, stored for longer and do not blacken.Because the knife does not oxidize the products, their appearance remains unchanged.
- If you follow the rules of operation of such long knives tupyatsya.
- These knives never rust, does not oxidize.
- knives are very sharp.
- Knife lighter than usual, does not load the hand, which is beneficial when a large amount of work.
- smooth, polished surface of the knife prevents the growth of microbes.
Like all great, besides, beautiful ceramic knife.But, unfortunately, it is not universal.
Cons ceramic knives
- very sharp, with careless use can easily cause injury.
- maximum blade length of 16-17 cm, so the large products, such as watermelon, pumpkin or cabbage, cut uncomfortable.
- This knife can not cut the hard foods, as it can break.
- Raw meat also can not cut - it will quickly grow blunt.Such
- not drop the knife from him this may cause cracks, chips that are in the process of cutting scatter into small pieces.
- to sharpen ceramic knife , need a special diamond sharpener, the price of which is 2-5 thousand rubles.
- Another drawback - the material of the knife is very solid, so this knife completely flexible.
Summing up the consideration of all the pros and cons ceramic knives , we can say that despite some shortcomings, with proper and accurate operation of a knife is needed in the kitchen.
going to buy a knife, you pick and choose what suits you best: innovative ceramic or traditional steel.