Decoupage - old art of interior decoration items;This technique has been used for over 100 years and has not lost its relevance.Secret decoupage popularity is its simplicity, as well as the availability of materials needed.For registration of household items and furniture used paper pictures and items made of cardboard, foam rubber, glass, terracotta and papier-mache.Jewellery fixed on the object to be decorated with glue and covered with a layer of varnish.
Decoupage furniture with their hands can be made in different styles: Provencal, modern, minimalist, Victorian, as well as to achieve the effect of old fashion.If you are a newcomer in decoupage, we recommend to start with a simple design furniture, regular geometric shape, with a minimum of corners and a smooth surface as possible.Ideal - a stool, chair or bedside table unpretentious clear geometric shapes.With the rules decoupage furniture with their hands we will look at the example tables, to choose which wallpaper decor with an intere
- trimming wallpaper (can be used instead magazine clippings, atlases, newspapers, greeting cards or other decorative paper);
- PVA glue;
- fine sandpaper;
1. Prepare the surface of decoupage furniture: nazhdachkoy purify it, and then carefully wipe with a soft cloth.If the color of the furniture eventually became not monotonous, dyed it and give the paint to dry.If there are cracks on furniture and other irregularities, hide them using putty for wood.
2. Using a ruler to measure out the required amount of wallpaper for decoupage furniture with their hands .Cut all the necessary elements.
3. Gradually cover the surface with white glue or special Adhesive composition for decoupage and paste harvested paper items. Decoupage furniture with their hands at this stage should be carried out very quickly and gradually, as the glue dries quickly (some experts recommend to apply an additional layer of adhesive also on the paper surface).The angles are available on the table, gently wrap the paper elements.Remember that the corners of the upholstery should not be cuts!
4. With a cloth or sponge achieve a snug fit to the surface of the paper elements, smoothing all the irregularities and air bubbles, following from the middle to the edges.Likewise, we remove the possible excess glue, making sure that it did not have a spot on the front of the wallpaper.Give the glue to dry.
5. covers the entire surface of the furniture lacquer in several layers.We give a varnish to dry.
Much the same is done with a table for which we have prepared a decoupage of photographs and postcards.
That's all to do decoupage own hands was not so difficult: eyes fearbut the hands are doing.Decorated in the art decoupage furniture is ready to start a new life!